Current Lead Time To Make This Style Sign Is 2-3 WEEKS Plus Transit Time To You. We Generally Ship Our Signs A Little Early, But We Like To Allow A Comfortable Amount Of Time For Both You And I To Complete The Project.
If You’re Looking For A Real Statement Piece That Screams “I’m A Big Solid Wood Carved & Painted Sign”, You’ve Found It. It All Starts With An Ultra Thick Solid Hardwood Red Oak Sign Blank That Is Milled And Manufactured In House From Hand Selected Boards To Limit The Amount Of Larger Natural Knots That Distract From The Final Appearance. Detailed Carvings Combined With The Naturally Rustic And Slightly Weathered Look Created By Our Painting And Staining Process Produce An Amazing Final Product That You’ll Be Proud To Show Off Wherever You Choose To Hang It. Get Creative And Personalize Any Or All Of The Sample Text To Your Liking. The ONLY Section Of The Sign That CAN NOT Be Customized Is The Main Illustration Graphic (Picture) And General Layout Of The sign. Think Of It As A Template That You Can Edit Only The Wording To Be Painted In Our Available Color Choices.
AVAILABLE SIZES (SIZES ARE APPROXIMATE)
13” - 13” ROUND X 1-1/8” THICK - WEIGHT IS APPROXIMATELY 4 POUNDS
18” - 18” ROUND X 1-1/4” THICK - WEIGHT IS APPROXIMATELY 10 POUNDS
22” - 22” ROUND X 1-3/8” THICK - WEIGHT IS APPROXIMATELY 15 POUNDS
28” - 28” ROUND X 1-1/2” THICK - WEIGHT IS APPROXIMATELY 22 POUNDS
Example Sign Shown in RUSTIC BLACK Base Stain Color.
- Hand Made In The USA!!!
- REAL SOLID HARDWOOD - Each Blank Is Milled By Us In House.
- 2 Base Stain Choices Available. Brown & Weathered Rustic Black ( The Black Is More Of A Dark Brown With Black Highlights. See Pictures).
- Stained Outside Edge.
- Hand Stained, Painted, & 100% Carved Designs. NO Vinyl, Painted, Or Printed On Designs.
- ALL Text Is Able To Be Personalized. The ONLY Thing NOT Customizable Is The Main Graphic Illustration And/Or General Layout (See Picture).
- Extra Deep Keyhole Slot Milled Into Backside For Hanging On A Wall. (See Pictures & Special Note Below)
- Multiple Coats Of Clear Protective Marine Grade Indoor/Outdoor Satin Finish Are Applied To The Sign For Aesthetic Purposes & Mild Protection.
*** NOT Recommended For Outdoor Use ***
*** Please See Our Notes About “Character” & “Outdoor Use” At The Bottom Of This Description.
After The Initial Purchase We will Email You An Electronic Form To Complete The Personalization Of Your Sign At Your Convenience. We Will Always Send A Proof (Drawing) To Approve Or Make Revisions Before We Actually Make The Final Sign So You Know Exactly What You’ll Be Getting.
Personalization is really easy! No need to fill out any “Order Notes” or “Form Fields” with personalization now. Just follow the steps below.
STEP 1 - Just purchase the sign here.
STEP 2 - After we receive your order we’ll email you a link to an electronic customization form where you can make all of your personalization to text, paint and Stain Color. ***Please allow approximately 24 hours (Mon-Fri) for us to get the email sent out to you (Usually Much Faster) ***
STEP 3 - After we receive your completed customization form we will create and send you a colored proof for your approval before we make the actual sign. ***Please allow up to 48 Hours (Usually Much Faster) for us to complete this depending on our current work load.
STEP 4 - After we receive your emailed approval of the proof we will immediately add your order to our production schedule to be completed with in the specified lead time (Ship By Date) noted in this listing and on the proof drawing.
Can I Hang This Sign OUTDOORS?
We DO NOT recommend this style sign for outdoor use. Even though we apply multiple coats of a protective clear finish made for outdoor use to the final product we do not recommend exposing it directly to the outside elements. Our signs are made of natural wood and like all wood products (Including Wood Signs Sold By Others) may possibly fade, warp, or crack when exposed to natural elements. Constant exposure to water and direct sunlight WILL more than likely make these signs warp excessively & degrade rapidly. Please note that if you choose to hang your sign outside under cover it will still be exposed to temperature and humidity changes.
What Is Character?
All of our signs are crafted from a natural wood product and may differ slightly in appearance from the listing photograph. Every tree is different, therefore every sign will look slightly different. Each sign will have its own set of characteristics that may or may not include small natural knots, mineral streaks (darker streaks), unique varying grain tones/patterns, and/or the rate at witch it absorbs stain slightly affecting the color tone between stain samples. This particular style sign will have a slightly rustic & destressed look in some areas combined with fine details. (See Pictures) Wood will be wood, and some minute chips in the carvings and or dings in or around the edge of the raw material will often happen and is considered by us to be an acceptable and expected part of the process. Signs may arrive to you ever so slightly warped due to the carving process and/or the change in humidity and temperature from my shop to your surroundings. Carving cuts wood fibers that relieve stress on one side of the sign potentially causing the large board to warp unpredictably in one direction. Although the sign may not be “flat as glass”, once hung on the wall it will be hardly noticeable from the front view if at all. We call all of this character, but don’t worry we use our best judgment to determine if a piece of material is to be used for one of our signs.
MOUNTING/HANGING RESPONSIBILITY: The actual hanging/mounting of the sign is the sole responsibility of the end user (please pass this information on if the sign is being gifted). This particular style sign can be fairly heavy in the larger sizes compared to typical wall hangings. A standard keyhole slot is milled in the back of the sign for easy mounting & leveling of the sign. We do not supply the wall hardware (screw/nail/anchor) as every situation can be unique. If you are uncomfortable purchasing the appropriate hardware, choosing an acceptable mounting location, or hanging the sign yourself we suggest contacting a professional.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE: The Overall Design, General Layout, Descriptions, Images, & All Copy Of The Listed Items In This Shop Are The Intellectual Property Of SPRUCE HILL WOODWORKING, LLC. Any Attempt To Copy, Replicate, Or Make Slight Modifications To Make It Appear That they are of Original/Unique Design Of Our Products For Purpose Of Resale Will Be Dealt With Accordingly By Any & All Legal Means Necessary.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on EU-US Privacy Shield and SSL Security to encrypt and transfer securely any data from the EU, as that is what Etsy uses.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Paul M Grant, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at
Alternately, you may mail me at:
Spruce Hill Woodworking
132 Sharon Copley Rd
Wadsworth, OH 44281
United States Of America